Imagine fleeing your hometown with nothing but the hope and will to survive. Or risking your life to gather information needed to incriminate some of the worst players in history. We are declaring this week “history week” here at Stacking Benjamins and we’re delivering quite the suite of guests for you! Today, Retired U.S. Army Major General Mari Eder joins us to share stories of some brave women of World War II and the impact they had on their communities. What does this have to do with money? Today’s stories have a much larger scope than money, but bravery, persistence, focus, willpower, and more, in the face of long odds, will all be discussed on today’s episode.
During our headline, we talk about tapping your home equity for cash. Nothing has ever gone wrong with the housing market before, right? Sure, leverage can be used to your advantage but not at the detriment to the rest of your financial plan. Joe and OG give us their opinions and you know they are going to be candid! Speaking of leverage, our TikTok video is a hilarious example of this.
We’ll also throw out the Haven Life line and answer a caller’s question about retirement contributions. And since it’s history week here, Doug will include some history related trivia.
We couldn’t bring you three shows a week without our sponsors!
Navy Federal Credit Union
If you’re an active duty service member, veteran, D-O-D civilian, or military family member, you can join Navy Federal. That means if you’ve served in any branch of the military–you can join Navy Federal Credit Union. You could pay no fees, get low rates and rate discounts, plus earn cash back and grow your savings. Visit NavyFederal.org for more information.
The most fun, stylish, charged up electric car out there: The MINI Cooper SE. It’s an electric unlike any other. It looks like a MINI, drives like a MINI, Because it IS a MINI… electrified. Perfect for the city, or for the burbs. Starting at only $29,900. Reserve yours at MINIUSA.com
Our TikTok Minute
Mari K. Eder, Retired U.S. Army Major General
- The first underground railway opened on this date in 1870 in a European city that got bombed heavily during WWII. What was the city?
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- Anonymous is already maxing out some retirement contributions and wants to know if she can also contribute to a 403b.
Want more than just the show notes? How about a guide with STACKS of related, deeper links?
- Check out The Stacker, our email that comes with every Monday and Wednesday episode, PLUS a list of more than 19 of the top money lessons Joe’s learned over his own life about money. From credit to cash reserves, and insurances to investing, we’ll tackle all of these. Head to StackingBenjamins.com/STACKER to sign up (it’s free and we will never give away your email to others).
Want more? Check out these related shows!
- Tim Rhode joined us to talk about how your community and your network can help build your net worth. Listen to that interview here.
- Scott Maderer joined our roundtable to talk about charitable giving and the impact it can have on your community and your well-being. Check out that interview here.
- Billy B joined us to talk about the importance of finding good footing and surrounding yourself with good mentors after he was sentenced to prison. Listen here.
Written by: Brooke Miller
Miss our last show? Listen here: 5 Secrets To Better Flexibility (with money)