Do you have too many priorities and not enough time in the day to tackle them all? Struggling to get motivated for 2022? Help is on the way today from Dr. Joseph Cardillo, who’ll help you build better muscles in your brain. He’s an expert on motivation and attention and shares the reasons behind some of the successful habits we all practice now every day. Have you ever been driving and suddenly realized you zoned out for a few minutes? It’s pretty common, and actually uses the same mechanisms we use for all of these successful auto-pilot moments throughout our day. He’ll share how to reset your mind and use habits to your advantage to be more productive.
In our headline segment, we’ll talk all things inflation. Is this latest price balloon transitory or here to stay? We’ll share our thoughts and how you can combat it with your investment portfolio. We’ll also answer Tusk’s question about his fixed income allocation and Doug will share his trivia.
- More inflation ‘on the horizon,’ says Envestnet’s D’Auria (Investment News)
Our TikTok Minute
Dr. Joseph Cardillo
Big thanks to Dr. Joseph Cardillo for joining us today. Visit his website to learn more and grab a copy of his book The 12 Rules of Attention: How to Avoid Screw-Ups, Free Up Headspace, Do More and Be More at Work.
- What is the effect called that causes humans to value our own possessions at a higher value than they are actually worth?
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- Tusk wants to know how he should allocate to his fixed income as he builds his portfolio.
Want more than just the show notes? How about our new newsletter with STACKS of related, deeper links?
- Check out The 201, our email that comes with every Monday and Wednesday episode, PLUS a list of more than 19 of the top money lessons Joe’s learned over his own life about money. From credit to cash reserves, and insurances to investing, we’ll tackle all of these. Head to StackingBenjamins.com/the201 to sign up (it’s free and we will never give away your email to others).
How about additional tools and interviews on related topics? Check out these past podcast episodes!
- Want to hear more from Dr. Cardillo? He joined us in 2020 to share how to stop bad habits in their tracks.
- Want a fun way to track inflation? Len Penzo tracks the price of a sandwich year-over-year in this fun way to track rising prices.
Written by: Brooke Miller
Miss our last show? Listen here: 2022 Magic 8-Ball Predictions + Health Tips From Angelo Poli