Want to get ahead faster in your career? Stop waiting for others to design a curriculum for you and create your own. Today we’ll talk to two men who’ve done exactly that for themselves and today will share their stories, tips, and tricks to becoming a leader faster through reading. Our guests today, Jeff Brown and Jesse Wisnewski, talk about the importance of reading for our personal and professional lives. They share how they’ve created their own reading curriculum and share tips for all of us.
During our headline, we talk about Bitcoin and a country that is adopting it as an official currency. We discuss the challenges, advantages and cryptocurrency in general. We also throw out the Haven Life line to Steven who is new to financial planning and wants advice for career development. And Doug will share some book related trivia.
We couldn’t bring you three shows a week without our sponsors!
Navy Federal Credit Union
If you’re an active duty service member, veteran, D-O-D civilian, or military family member, you can join Navy Federal. That means if you’ve served in any branch of the military–you can join Navy Federal Credit Union. You could pay no fees, get low rates and rate discounts, plus earn cash back and grow your savings. Visit NavyFederal.org for more information.
For advice on solutions like XPS 13 laptops powered by Intel EVO platform, call an advisor today at 877-ASK-DELL.
- El Salvador Gets Ready for a Risky Bitcoin Experiment (The Wall Street Journal)
- Should You Invest in Cryptocurrency in 2021? (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- 5 Blockchain ETFs to Buy If You’re Excited About Cryptocurrency (Business Insider)
Our TikTok Minute
- Who are the top three mystery authors of all time?
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- Steven recently graduated and is working to become a financial planner. He wants to know what advice Joe and OG would give to a new planner.
Want more than just the show notes? How about a guide with STACKS of related, deeper links?
- Check out The Stacker, our email that comes with every Monday and Wednesday episode, PLUS a list of more than 19 of the top money lessons Joe’s learned over his own life about money. From credit to cash reserves, and insurances to investing, we’ll tackle all of these. Head to StackingBenjamins.com/STACKER to sign up (it’s free and we will never give away your email to others).
- The Art of War, by Sun Tzu
- Purple Cow, by Seth Godin
- Steal Like an Artist, by Austin Kleon
- Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins
- The Rosie Project, by Graeme Simsion
- Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter, by Liz Wiseman
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less, by Greg McKeown
- The One Thing, by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, by Sean Covey and Stephen Covey
- How To Win Friends and Influence People, by Dale Carnegie
- Secrets of Closing a Sale, by Zig Ziglar
- Greatest Salesman in the World, by Og Mandino
Want even more shows? Check these out.
- Pat Williams joined us to talk about how leadership lessons we can all learn from: Leadership Lessons from Walt Disney (with Pat Williams)
- Chris Hogan joined us to share how we can all be successful and millionaires if we have the right tools: Become a Millionaire With Tools You Already Possess (with Chris Hogan)
- Josh Kaufman talked about creating our own curriculum for success: Creating Your Own Personal MBA (with Josh Kaufman)
Written by: Brooke Miller
Miss our last show? Listen here: Our End of Summer Economic and Portfolio Outlook (with Dr. Apollo Lupescu)