With all of the news dominated lately by the government shutdown and Washington politics, it’s easy to focus on things outside of your control. But if you’re going to become a millionaire, it’s time today to refocus your energy on YOU and what you need to do personally to find your way toward financial success. The perfect person to talk to about personal responsibility comes down to the basement today, Chris Hogan. We’ll dispel some of the myths around who’s a millionaire and help you set up your plan of attack to join the ranks yourself….sooner rather than later.
In today’s headlines: will the government shutdown impact this year’s tax return season? Even with a partial recall of IRS employees, there’s still plenty of potential issues if the agency doesn’t return to full strength. We’ll discuss one piece today that takes a look at all the possible problems for individuals and businesses alike.
Plus, we’ll be throwing out the Haven Life Line to Matt, who is recently married. What are some resources available for newlyweds going through their first tax season? After that we’ll take some time to answer a letter from Jon, who wonders if his wife should ditch her whole life policy for term life insurance, and invest the difference in a Roth.
And don’t worry… we’ll still have time for Doug’s trivia.
Thanks to Skillshare for sponsoring the show. Start your two months of unlimited access to Skillshare by visiting SkillShare.com/SB.
Thanks to OnDeck for sponsoring the show. For a free consultation with one of their US-based loan specialists, go to OnDeck.com/SB.
- Bank of America profit and revenue beat estimates (MarketWatch)
- These shutdown hurdles could mess up your tax refund (CNBC)
<21:58> Chris Hogan
Check out Chris’s site: ChrisHogan360.com
Follow Chris on Twitter: @ChrisHogan360
Order Everyday Millionaires using our link and you’ll be supporting an independent bookseller AND our show:
<35:26> Doug’s Trivia
- James Henke, chief curator for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, selected 500 songs that influenced rock and roll. James Brown had three songs make the list. Name any of Brown’s songs that made the list.
<42:26> Haven Life Line
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- What are some resources Matt and his wife can use for newlyweds in their first tax season?
Need help with your financial plan? Use this link to schedule a meeting with OG: StackingBenjamins.com/OG
- Jon’s advisor set up him with term life insurance and disability plan. The same advisor set his fiancé up with a whole life policy for $200 a month. She’s 26 and matching her 401k, but doesn’t have any other retirement accounts. Shouldn’t she have term life insurance, and use the extra cash for a Roth?