It feels like yesterday we were fastening the string between two tin cans in mom’s basement to make a podcast…but now we’ve actually reached 1300 episodes. We’ve spent lots of time talking about the guests and special events that have shaped our little basement-based money literacy project, but we haven’t talked about some of the big headlines we’ve covered. So today, we’ve picked three out of the 1300 to focus on that represent much of what we’ve covered over the last nearly twelve years.
But that’s not all. In our headlines segment, Adam Carroll joins us to talk about shredding your debt in 2023. While other Americans are busy opening up new credit cards, we’ll challenge you to swim upstream and instead join the Stackers who are focusing on slashing not just their payments but also the amount they owe to other people. You’ll love the feeling of freedom being debt-free gives you.
Deeper dives with curated links, topics, and discussions are in our newsletter, The 201, available at https://www.StackingBenjamins.com/201
You can watch our interview with Adam on our YouTube channel:
Joe and OG
Joe and OG walk you through some of our favorite headlines from over the years.
- Roth conversions ‘on sale’ and other retirement advice amid the market crash (Investment News)
- Heads of Raymond James, Ameriprise say race to zero is getting murky (InvestmentNews)
- Walmart insurer demands Tracy Morgan turn over medical records and income statements and testify over car crash settlement in which the comedian received ‘$90 million’ WITHOUT ever being deposed (DailyMail)
What year did the NYSE open an actual, permanent location? 1795, 1835, or 1865?
Want more than just the show notes? How about our new newsletter with STACKS of related, deeper links?
- Check out The 201, our email that comes with every Monday and Wednesday episode, PLUS a list of more than 19 of the top money lessons Joe’s learned over his own life about money. From credit to cash reserves, and insurances to investing, we’ll tackle all of these. Head to StackingBenjamins.com/the201 to sign up (it’s free and we will never give away your email to others).
- Should I Sell Or Should I Go? (and other Covid-19 related money questions) – March 2020
- Are Zero-Fee Trades the “New Black”? (plus our Veteran’s Day special featuring Ellie Kay) – November 2019
- Stop Fighting About Money (with Elle Martinez) – June 2017
- Keep up on all things SB with our welcome guide
- Learn more about The Shred Method with Adam Carroll
Written by: Tina Ichenberg
Miss our last show? Listen here: Stop Overcommitting In 2023.