What would be your first step in the right direction when life isn’t going your way? How would you move forward and make the most important change ever? Brandy Mabra journeyed from bankruptcy to successful CEO coach and today shares her journey. She knew she needed to take every opportunity available (and even moved to another state!) to make a better life for her and her son. After a few crucial and well-thought pivots in her career, she started her coaching and consulting business and shares tips we can all use when faced with hurdles, however big or small.
During our headline segment, did you know that Olympic athletes earned money when they won medals? Neither did we, and at one point IRS taxed that income. It’s hard to believe that you can rep the USA brand and Uncle Sam could still find you! After that eye-popper, we’ll finish the show with a Haven Life line call from Julie who has questions about saving for her kids’ future. And Doug will throw in some Madonna themed trivia.
We couldn’t bring you three shows a week without our sponsors!
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Everyone likes to think they know about investing but how much do you really know? Put your financial knowledge to the test at Investor.gov. Before You Invest, Investor.gov.
For advice on solutions like XPS 13 laptops powered by Intel EVO platform, call an advisor today at 877-ASK-DELL.
Whether you rent or own, Geico makes it EASY to bundle home and car insurance. Go to Geico.com today.
- The IRS can charge a ‘victory tax’ on gold medals — but only certain athletes have to pay it (Marketwatch)
Big thanks to Brandy Mabra for joining us today. To learn more about Brandy, visit her website or Instagram.
- What was Madonna’s first top 100 hit song?
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- Julie has young children and wants to know what type of account she should open to start saving for them.
Want more than just the show notes? How about a guide with STACKS of related, deeper links?
- Check out The Stacker, our email that comes with every Monday and Wednesday episode, PLUS a list of more than 19 of the top money lessons Joe’s learned over his own life about money. From credit to cash reserves, and insurances to investing, we’ll tackle all of these. Head to StackingBenjamins.com/STACKER to sign up (it’s free and we will never give away your email to others).
Want to listen to related shows we’ve done? Check out these interviews!
- Kassandra Dasent paid off $55k of loans in 3.5 years and shared her story with us: How Kassandra Paid Off $55k In 3.5 Years, Bad Brokers Run Amok, and Crypto Thieves Strike Again
- We talked to Drs. John Kotter and Holger Rathgeber about what it means to be a good leader and how to build good teams around you: Building Effective Teams and Leaders (with John Kotter & Holger Rathgeber)
- Harlan Landes joined us to talk about debt payoff methods: Money Moves To Make The MINUTE You Decide To Retire (with Harlan Landes AND Buzz Indexes)
- Jenni Zepol is another guest who paid off $18k of loans in just 7 months and she shared her secrets to success: She Paid Off $18,410 Of Debt In 7 Months
Written by: Brooke Miller
Miss our last show? Listen here: Recovering From Life’s Expensive and Emotional Moments (with Michele Cagan)
Leave a Reply