What are your biggest goals for this year? What do you want to accomplish? Today we’re giving you some inspiration from other Stackers in our community. It’s our potpourri episode where we get to hear from YOU and the great things you all are working on. We have three great guests for you today: the hosts behind The Fat and Broke podcast, Maggie, a travel blogger, and TJ, a leadership blogger and well let’s just say we won’t be asking him where to place our bonfire.
In our headline segment, we’re diving into taxes. The IRS admits they are backlogged and halting some tax notices. We also hear from Sean Mullaney, the FI Tax Guy, and get his tax planning tips for this year. We’ll round out the show by including Doug’s famous trivia.
- A severely backlogged IRS with ‘limited resources’ temporarily halts a slew of tax-return notices (MSN)
- Thanks to Sean Mullaney for sharing tax tips. Check out his new YouTube channel for more.
Our Potpourri Guests
Gary, Peter and Sarah from The Fat and Broke podcast
Big thanks to Gary, Peter and Sarah for joining us. Check out their show, The Fat and Broke podcast.
Big thanks to Maggie for joining us! Learn more about her and her travels at treksimple.com.
Big thanks to TJ for joining us. Hear more from TJ at his blog, Leaderistic.
During Joe’s discussion with TJ, he mentioned being on the House of AC podcast. Check out that interview below:
- What’s the most expensive birthday cake you could get from Gold Belly?
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- A Stacker wants to know when to splurge vs. take a more financially conservative approach. They want to do some home renovations and will have enough in several years to pay for it OR they can reduce brokerage contributions and do the renovations next year.
Want more than just the show notes? How about our new newsletter with STACKS of related, deeper links?
- Check out The 201, our email that comes with every Monday and Wednesday episode, PLUS a list of more than 19 of the top money lessons Joe’s learned over his own life about money. From credit to cash reserves, and insurances to investing, we’ll tackle all of these. Head to StackingBenjamins.com/the201 to sign up (it’s free and we will never give away your email to others).
Written by: Brooke Miller
Miss our last show? Listen here: Valentines Lessons from Celebrities, a Power Couple and a Kid With a Great Laugh
Leave a Reply