Ever wonder what happens if you don’t save enough money for college? Well, Will Ferrell and Amy Poehler didn’t, and the result is the new hit movie The House. Director Andrew J. Cohen stops by to talk about the film, the hilarious financial-planning-gone-wrong premise, and how he became a director in Hollywood.
BUT that’s not all. Retirement Answer Man Roger Whitney sits in for OG on today’s show. We share headlines about a widow being scammed out of over a MILLION dollars, and another about how to decide what to do with your 401k when you leave a job.
Of course we also throw out the Haven Life line, bring on Doug’s trivia, share some bad jokes, and lots more….
Huge thanks to MagnifyMoney.com for helping us with today’s show!
Compare checking, savings, credit cards, and loans before switching. Magnify Money makes it super easy to compare, switch and save.
- How a Phony Online Boyfriend Scammed a 75-Year-Old Widow Out of $1 Million (Time)
- Your 401(k): Four things to consider when you change jobs (MarketWatch)
<15:55> Andrew J. Cohan
Check out “The house” on Twitter: @HouseMovie
<33:03> Doug’s Trivia
- Which film is the 2nd oldest to gross over $100M?
<37:11> Haven Life Line
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- Steve wants to know: are emergency funds really needed? Why wouldn’t he put it all in the stock market?
- Andrew just bought a home. His girlfriend will be moving in soon, how should he treat the “rent”‘ she’ll be paying him? Is it taxable?
Need help with your financial plan? Use this link to schedule a meeting with OG: StackingBenjamins.com/OG
<> Join us Friday
What are the biggest mistakes you can make when taking on a side job? What are the best ways to avoid the next stock market crash? Finally, what should you do if a spouse is giving away all of the family’s money?
Tune in to the roundtable on Friday. Our guest contributor this week is none other than Chelsea of Mama Fish Saves.