Do you get overwhelmed by conflicting investment advice? It can be hard to determine fact from fiction with so many opinions. Today our roundtable debunks common investing myths to help you get your investment strategy on track. Brian Feroldi, Paulette Perhach and Len Penzo make up our roundtable today and they are sharing their thoughts on common investing myths and tips to be better with your money.
Doug will also share some of his amazing trivia!
Our Topic: Investing Mistakes to Avoid
8 Most Common Investing Pitfalls to Avoid (Bella Wanana)
1. Investing more than what you can afford to lose
2. Not understanding your risk tolerance level
3. Expecting that your actual return will equal the expected return
4. Blindly following the advice of unqualified individuals
5. Mixing emotions with investing
7. Buying back stocks too quickly after selling
8. Not understanding the tax consequences of transactions
A big thanks to our contributors! You can check out more links for our guests below.
Another thanks to Brian Feroldi for joining our contributors this week! Hear more from Brian on his website.
Big thanks to Paulette Perhach for joining us today. To learn more about Paulette, visit her website.
Visit Len Penzo dot Com for the off-beat personal finance blog for responsible people.
Doug’s Game Show Trivia
- Cathie Wood is the CEO and CIO of Ark Invest and her ARK Innovation Fund is the largest actively managed Exchange Traded Fund on the planet. Before forging her own path, Cathie worked for the Capital Group, home of American Funds, also for Alliance Bernstein, and other big name investment houses. But here’s today’s trivia question: on what month & year did Cathie register ARK Invest Advisors with the SEC?
A big thanks to our contributors for sharing their investing tips!
Miss our last show? Check it out here: A Con So True You’ll Think It’s Fiction
Written by: Brooke Miller