We went campin’ (well, Joe and Doc G did) and dug up some inspiring and amazing money stories from fellow campers. We are live today from Camp FI (financial independence) and Joe and Doc G (Earn and Invest) hear from four people about their journey to financial independence. One couple didn’t start saving for retirement until age 50 and retired at age 60, one woman has been living abroad for 20 years after initially thinking she’d be there for 1 or 2, and two women share their massive debt payoff stories. These are sure to inspire and motivate you in your own journey and it was a blast talking to each of them.
Our Special Guest Co-host: Doc G
Check Out Doc G’s site and podcast at: Earn & Invest
Join Doc G’s podcast community here: Earn & Invest Facebook Group
You can keep up with the latest from Doc G on Twitter: @earnaninvest
Camp FI Guests
Stephen and Becky Heptig
Thanks to Stephen and Becky for sharing how they started saving for retirement at age 50 and retired by 60. Learn more about them at their blog, Started at 50.
Thanks to Amy for joining us and sharing how she’s traveled abroad for the last 20 years and lessons she’s learned. You can connect with Amy via Facebook.
Thanks to Christal for sharing her debt payoff story. You can learn more about Christal at her website.
Thanks to Cynthia for also sharing her debt payoff story. We didn’t get to talk about it on the show, but Cynthia is passionate about local grown foods. You can learn more about that and Cynthia’s work at her website.
- Which coffee chain is named after a character is Moby Dick?
Want more than just the show notes? How about a guide with STACKS of related, deeper links?
- Check out The Stacker, our email that comes with every Monday and Wednesday episode, PLUS a list of more than 19 of the top money lessons Joe’s learned over his own life about money. From credit to cash reserves, and insurances to investing, we’ll tackle all of these. Head to StackingBenjamins.com/STACKER to sign up (it’s free and we will never give away your email to others).
How about additional tools and interviews on related topics? Check out these related past podcast episodes!
- Jennifer Saxton had $75k in student loan debt and outlined her plan to pay it off
- Linda P Jones joined us to talk about the large number of people who haven’t saved for retirement and tips to start today
- Jenni Zepol shared her journey to paying off debt in 7 months
Written by: Brooke Miller
Miss our last show? Listen here: Unbelievable Stories of Bitcoins’s Wild Wild West
Leave a Reply