So you’ve learned that it’s important to save. You’ve picked a mutual fund or an exchange traded fund, and now you’re pouring some money in. What should you know next? Today we’ll chat with CBS Business Analyst and host of the Jill on Money show, Jill Schlesinger. We’ll talk about investment fees, better diversification, what’s MOST important when you’re investing, and more.
Making coffee is great, but the real easy money-maker? Holding other people’s money. During today’s headlines we’ll explain how the giant coffee chain Starbucks it padding a huge part of their bottom budget with YOUR cash. Plus, financial giant LPL is stopping some of their advisors from using a Morningstar product. Is this a case of big brother overstepping? Hardly! We’ll talk about how advisors work and the role of oversight on today’s show.
During the Haven Life Line, Jordan calls in with a question that I think will resonate with more than a few listeners. Jordan will be working from home for the foreseeable future due to COVID. His car has been collecting dust in the garage. Jordan asks: would it be sensible for him to sell his car? Jordan’s wife will still have her minivan.
- LPL cuts Morningstar reporting tool at more than two dozen offices (InvestmentNews)
- Starbucks, monetary superpower (Moneyness)
A big thanks to Jill for never getting tired of Joe’s Mom’s basement. You can find EVERYTHING Jill (including the Jill on Money podcast) at: JillOnMoney.com
Did you enjoy today’s interview? You’ll like listening to these other interviews too:
- Are Stocks Headed Back Down? (with Phil Town)
- Top 5 Scariest Investing Tales with Rick Ferri
- Investing 101 with Ellie Kay
Have you missed your opportunities to read Jill’s book, The Dumb Things Smarty People Do With Their Money? You’re missing out! Get your own copy below:
- What Chinese philosopher, the same guy who came up with the idea of the Golden Rule, was born on this date in 551 B.C.
- Jordan has a question: since Covid has started his car has been sitting in the garage. Is it sensible to downsize and be a one car family right now?
Want the guys to answer your question? You can call into the Haven Life Line and get your question answered on-air HERE.
Join Us Wednesday!
One of the biggest government benefits you can utilize is Medicare… but most people don’t know what decisions they should be making! Wednesday we’ll be joined by medicare expert Danielle Kunkle Roberts on five important decisions you’ll need to make.
Written by: Richie Rutter-Reese