Getting started on your personal financial journey is the hardest part. Where do you start and how do you get that first Benjamin stacked? And then how do you make sure to keep those Benjamins safe and make them work for you? Lucky for us, Emily Guy Birken and our very own Joe Saul-Sehy wrote a book that dives into personal finance and offers real, practical tips and strategies to help you be successful. Humor and easy-to-follow action items make it a great way to jump into your own journey. They are here today and were interviewed by Doc G from the Earn & Invest podcast to share behind the scenes stories of how the book was written and some of the points they dive into in the book.
During our headline we’ll talk about those old sales tactics of playing rounds of golf and going out for extravagant dinners to get clients and why some millennials aren’t buying it. Financial advisors have more responsibility than just investing your money but some young people are choosing to manage their own investments and explain why. Plus, Doug will share some trivia.
- Rich Millennials to Financial Advisers: Thanks for the Golf Invite, but You Can’t Invest My Money (The Wall Street Journal)
Our TikTok Minute
Emily Guy Birken
Thanks to Emily for joining us to talk about Stacked: Your Super Serious Guide to Modern Money Management. You can learn more about Emily and see her other work at her website. You can also find her on Twitter @EmilyGuyBirken.
- How many books do you have to sell to make the NY Times best seller list?
Want more than just the show notes? How about our new newsletter with STACKS of related, deeper links?
- Check out The 201, our email that comes with every Monday and Wednesday episode, PLUS a list of more than 19 of the top money lessons Joe’s learned over his own life about money. From credit to cash reserves, and insurances to investing, we’ll tackle all of these. Head to StackingBenjamins.com/the201 to sign up (it’s free and we will never give away your email to others).
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen
How about additional tools and interviews on related topics? Check out these past podcast episodes!
- Juliet Schor joined us to talk about the gig economy and why it may or may not be right for you.
- Austin Kleon talked to us about side gigs and brings a unique perspective to business and money.
Written by: Brooke Miller
Miss our last show? Listen here: Live from the 2021 EconoMe Conference
Leave a Reply