Our good friend Ben Franklin said the only things certain in life are death and taxes. Since we are coming up on year-end, we’ll tackle one of those certainties (you’re on your own with the other). To help us, tax expert Ed Slott is back! He’ll help you get your finances in order before year-end to avoid any tax surprises in April. Should you convert your IRA to a Roth? What’s the contribution deadline for retirement accounts? What changes might be coming in future legislation? Ed’s commenting on it all with us today.
We’ll also talk about regulation in cryptocurrency during our headline segment. One of the main benefits of cryptocurrency has been the idea that it is unregulated, but the U.S. government is trying to change that. Although the SEC can’t agree, will they consider crypto a security and therefore have regulation over it? We’ll share the latest details! We’ll also tackle 529 and college saving plans during our Haven Lifeline.
- SEC tensions over crypto regulation emerge at meeting (Investment News)
- Fidelity heads to Canada with Bitcoin ETF (Investment News)
- Covered call strategy aims to dampen volatility of crypto investing (Investment News)
Watch the full interview with Joe and Ed on our YouTube page:
- If Betty Crocker wanted to create a holiday for every brownie mix they sell, how many holidays would we celebrate each year?
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- A stacker wants to know the best strategy for saving for his niece’s college education. Should he open a 529 or continue saving in his own brokerage account and eventually pay the school directly when the time comes?
Want more than just the show notes? How about our new newsletter with STACKS of related, deeper links?
- Check out The 201, our email that comes with every Monday and Wednesday episode, PLUS a list of more than 19 of the top money lessons Joe’s learned over his own life about money. From credit to cash reserves, and insurances to investing, we’ll tackle all of these. Head to StackingBenjamins.com/the201 to sign up (it’s free and we will never give away your email to others).
How about additional tools and interviews on related topics? Check out these past podcast episodes!
- Kevin Rose shared ALL about cryptocurrency. He dove into the history and where he thinks it will go in the future.
- Ed Slott shared even more Roth IRA tips earlier this year to help you save for retirement.
Written by: Brooke Miller
Miss our last show? Listen here: How To Build Your Stack + Millennials Ditch Financial Advisors