Ever wonder whether individual stock investing is for you? Chuck Jaffe, host of Money Life with Chuck Jaffe, joins us to talk about the differences between investing in individual companies and in indexes or actively traded funds. We’ll discuss diversification, learning about companies, the impact of fees, and more.
Plus, in headlines, we’ll tackle a recent headline about a big financial company possibly faced with a billion dollar judgment. What does it have to do with your money? You may learn a lot about estate planning on today’s show. We’ll also follow one writer who’s decided to go cashless. Is it a good idea to dive into the empty wallet-end of the pool? We’ll discuss upsides and downsides on today’s show.
We’ll of course have more from the world of financial planning, throw out the Haven Life line to lucky listener Melissa, who wants some advice on how her and her husband should structure their funds inside of their accounts. Without fully knowing their situation, can the guys still give her ideas for her investment strategy? We’ll also answer a letter from another listener, score some of Doug’s vampire-rich trivia, and more.
- JPMorgan $8 billion loss to widow faces massive reduction (Investment News)
- Going Cashless: My Journey Into the Future (NY Times)
Find Chuck’s site: MoneyLifeShow.com
Follow Chuck on Twitter: @MoneyLifeShow
- What device uses the most water in the average house?
Haven Life Line
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- Melissa wants some advice on how her and her husband should structure their funds inside of their accounts.
Need help with your financial plan? Use this link to schedule a meeting with OG: StackingBenjamins.com/OG
- Matt wants to get out of his car lease early. Assuming he can do that, would it be more wise to use his cash to purchase a certified pre-owned vehicle, or contribute towards his portfolio?