When life gets you down, it’s easy to fall into a death spiral of negativity. The harder choice? Figuring out how adversity makes you stronger and picking yourself back up for another round. Twila True was born into the Lakota tribe, in the poorest county in the United States. From a young age, she knew she wanted to find her own way and not rely on another person for financial stability. Today she’ll share how she pulled herself out of the cycle of poverty and into ownership of multiple successful businesses. Both Entrepreneur and Success magazine have honored her with top honors in 2022, and now she’ll walk through the steps she took.
Target date funds are back in the news. In our headline segment, we’re talking about another lawsuit over excessive fees in investment accounts. We tell you what happened, what you can do to protect your accounts from excessive fees, and why we don’t love target date funds. We’ll also throw out the Haven Life line to Nick who has a question about wash sales. And Doug will share his trivia.
- Underperforming TDFs Trigger Excessive Fee Suit for Berkshire Hathaway Firm (NAPA)
- Why I Hate Target Date Mutual Funds and You Should, Too (Good Financial Cents)
Our TikTok Minute
- What was The Beatles most popular song as measured by radio plays?
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- Nick has a question about wash sales. If he sells a position and it triggers a wash sale, is the entire position effected or only the portion that he sells?
Want more than just the show notes? How about our new newsletter with STACKS of related, deeper links?
- Check out The 201, our email that comes with every Monday and Wednesday episode, PLUS a list of more than 19 of the top money lessons Joe’s learned over his own life about money. From credit to cash reserves, and insurances to investing, we’ll tackle all of these. Head to StackingBenjamins.com/the201 to sign up (it’s free and we will never give away your email to others).
Written by: Brooke Miller
Miss our last show? Listen here: I Didn’t Expect THAT To Happen In Retirement!