Why are some of the coolest financial tools rarely used? For example, people by-and-large avoid HSA accounts, when they’re the Swiss-army knife of a healthcare plan. Today we’ll shine a light on another type of plan that’s not often used: the Roth 401K. A recent piece in a major publication predicted that Roth 401K plans will become bigger now that the SECURE Act has been enacted. What do Joe & OG think? Do THEY like the Roth 401K? You’ll find out during today’s episode!
After that, we’re all about your letters! You’ve been kind enough to ask us lots of questions, and Joe & OG today grab the mailbag and sort through it. We’ll tackle everything from buying a home to investing in a Roth IRA to whether Monopoly is a good game or a great game. We didn’t say that they were good questions….we just said there were lots.
But that’s not all. We’ll also throw out the Haven Life line to a lucky caller AND we’ll hear some great trivia from Doug about one of our greatest Presidents…Abe Lincoln. Enjoy!
Thanks to Lightstream for supporting Stacking Benjamins. Pay off your credit card balances and save with a Credit Card Consolidation Loan from LightStream. Apply now to get a special interest rate discount. The only way to get this discount is to go to lightstream.com/sb.
A big thanks to MasterClass for supporting the Stacking Benjamins show! Get 15% off an annual
membership at MasterClass.com/stacking.
- Roth 401(k)s could get a boost from the SECURE Act (Investment News)
- FICO Is About To Change Credit Scores. Here’s Why It Matters (NPR)
- Navigating The SECURE Act (Stacking Benjamins)
<14:13> Your Letters!
Today we’re going to answer your questions! While you’ll need to tune into the show to get Joe and OG’s takes on the questions, here are some of the topics that’ll be covered:
- Tim writes in because as of 2020, he now has a Roth 401k option, how much should he earmark toward this new option vs. a traditional 401k?
- Trevor asks whether Joe and OG have ever taken any investment moonshots
- Ron asks us a Superbowl related question
- Samantha writes in for some insight on her current situation, she’s five years away from retirement, when she’ll get a pension, a social security supplement at that time. Her job’s not secure, should she continue to put as much money in my 401k and potentially pay the penalty or stop contributing and stash cash.
- Lloyd asks how should you handle the vesting of restricted stock units? Typically, companies offer three options, sell all the stock, pay the taxes, and keep all the stock or sell some shares to cover the taxes on the stock.
- Jason asks a board game related question
- Gregory asks Joe and OG how they got into Financial Planning
<29:24> Doug’s Trivia
- Where did Abe Lincoln get his law degree?
<43:52> Haven Life Line
- Tori calls in to ask about what she should do with her house after an upcoming move. Should she sell the house and capture a significant amount of equity, or use a property management company to rent the house out?
Want the guys to answer your question? You can call into the Haven Life Line and get your question answered on-air HERE.
Join us Friday!
When our Roundtable panel answers “isn’t it romantic?” questions for a LIVE Facebook audience.
Leave a Reply