In this week’s edition of links from blog posts and articles we read that we think you shouldn’t miss, seeing the big picture is a common theme.
Below are five articles you should read:
- Laurie asks if we’ve lost the ability to see the big picture. How often are we sacrificing our long-term goals for short-term gratification? Answer: probably a lot more often than we should.
- Jennifer writes (from Switzerland, no less) about how learning how to manage her family’s finances allowed them to live the life they want. This blog is a new one to me, and it is very inspiring.
- Kara asks, “Who are Your Joneses?” I like her point, because it’s so easy to get caught up in the cycle of comparing your journey to others, and it’s completely detrimental to your goals. Find your Joneses on the internet if you can’t find them in your day-to-day life.
- Tonya gives five essential tips for freelancing, along with the tough love comment that lets us know that we will not be making $4000 an hour freelance writing. Shoot!
- Chonce writes about the unglamorous side of personal finance. She’s in the weeds, and when you’re in the weeds, it ain’t pretty. She writes about the importance of pushing through and focusing on long-term planning when it’s a daily grind.
Happy weekend, friends!