Have we been wrong all along? Are target date funds the way to go? CFP Judith Ward from T. Rowe Price funds joins us with some surprising data. It seems that T. Rowe Price 401k participants with target date funds were less likely to abandon their strategy during the last market downturn than those who didn’t use target date funds. Judith shares other fascinating statistics about investor behavior as well that YOU can use to tweak your performance the next time volatility erupts.
Plus, in our headlines we cover more exciting news about FinTech products, as well as news that real estate portfolio managers think (shockingly) that you should own more of their stuff. On our Quotacy hotline call Adam asks whether he should own a broad index fund or one that is more narrow. We also talk Canadian real estate, have some magical trivia from Doug, and much more.
Thanks to MagnifyMoney.com and SoFi for sponsoring our podcast.
From student loans to personal loans and mortgages, lower your interest rate with a strategy involving SoFi. You need a good credit score to qualify.
Compare checking, savings, credit cards, and loans before switching. Magnify Money makes it super easy to compare, switch and save.
- The New Play For RIA Dealmakers: Follow the FinTech Money (FinancialPlanning)
- Investors Don’t Have Enough Exposure To Real Estate (Yahoo! Finance)
<14:42>Judith Ward, T. Rowe Price
The T. Rowe Price piece on Target Date Funds: How Retirement Investors Respond To Market Volatility
Say “Hey-ya” to Judith on Twitter: @JudithBWard
- Which living magician is reported to have the highest net worth?
- Why spend hours with a cheesy salesman when in minutes you can find out how much insurance you need AND get quotes from 17 of the largest companies? Check out Quotacy.com for life and disability insurance.
- Adam – What’s better, an S&P 500 index or total market index fund?
K – Why do people think of real estate as a great deal so often?
<>Join us Wednesday
Chris Peach from MoneyPeach.com joins us to tackle financial worries, baloney bank fees, and potatoes. ALL of the hard hitting topics happen on our roundtable….
Leave a Reply