As fees lower on brokerage accounts so do services. So, is a no-fee brokerage account right for you? We’ll talk about brokerage services and a ton more on today’s letters episode…along with a ton of your letters on many, many topics.
Of course, we also have headlines ripped from the biggest news sources in financial planning, throw out the Haven Life Line, feature some hair-raising trivia from Doug, and more.
Why compromise with investments when you can use an intuitive, easy-to-use, robust platform? M1Finance combines the power of automated investing platforms with the flexibility of do-it-yourself but more expensive brokers. Be Invested.
Looking for a better spreadsheet to handle your budgeting needs? Tiller Money automatically downloads your data from the source into fully customizable Google Sheets. You can even download a Stacking Benjamins template designed with help from Joe Saul-Sehy!
- How much money people are really earning from Uber, Airbnb, and 7 more side hustles (Business Insider)
- How Amazon’s Alexa will upend wealth management (Financial-Planning)
- Can you buy a mutual fund after 3:30 PM eastern time?
<28:18> Haven Life Line
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- Jason thinks he’s found something too good to be true. He wants our take, is it smoke and mirrors?
- +1 to Jason for being on the lookout.
- -1 to Jason for asking guys who hang out in their mom’s basement.
<17:30> Letters From the Mailbag
Need help with your financial plan? Use this link to schedule a meeting with OG: StackingBenjamins.com/OG
- Marisa would like to know if it’s a good idea to put after-tax money in a 401k plan. (17:50)
- Nicole is interested in buying stock on her own, but has no experience. Advice? (20:38)
- Chris will be available for pension in a couple months. Should he delay his pension to increase his payout? (22:43)
- Jeff is involved in the FIRE movement. We recently talked about how a lot of math done in the movement is wrong. Do we have any pointers he could use to make sure he stays on track? (37:15)
- Meech’s company will soon offer index funds. When the opportunity arises, should he rebalance his entire portfolio, allocate future contributions, or do something else?
<> Join us Wednesday
We welcome Cortney McDermott to the basement, join us for an awesome interview, headlines, our Haven Life Line, and more!