How are you winning with managing your money? Are you saving automatically? Investing appropriately? Keeping an emergency fund? How do we rank the key habits that will make you a success? Today Joe and OG dive into a Top 5 episode, where each has prepared what THEY think are the key traits, and then they offer them up head to head. You end up with ten habits, and also maybe some disagreement from the guys.
How would you like to earn money off the labor of your favorite celebrities? Turns out, that reality is closer than you think. Comedian Bret Raybould joins us to share the world’s (possibly-almost) newest cryptocurrency: BretCoin. Plus, need some extra incentive to invest? During the other half of our headlines we share all of the fantastic reasons to invest in AMC after their newest announced perk: free popcorn. I know, I know! I’m excited as you are.
That’s not all. We’ll also throw out the Haven Life line to a lucky listener, answering their question. Of course, Doug will share a riveting trivia question as well. Enjoy!
We couldn’t bring you three shows a week without our sponsors!
Whether you rent or own, Geico makes it EASY to bundle home and car insurance. Go to Geico.com today.
Talking Real Money
Co-hosts Don McDonald and Tom Cock deliver straight forward, honest, advice on building the wealth you need for a more secure future. You can listen in wherever you listen to podcasts, or at TalkingRealMoney.com.
A big thanks to Bret Raybould for introducing the BretCoin to the basement! Almost makes us want to create the StackerCoin, or JoeCoin. Any takers? Stackers interesting in learning more (about Bret not JoeCoin) can visit BretCoin.org. Bret says the value of the coin is tied to how funny you think he is, watch him in action:
Looking for Investor Perks? AMC has announced it will now offer free popcorn to stockholders. Clearly, we’re on board. FREE. BUTTERY. POPCORN. Is there really anything else an investor needs to worry about?
Doug delivers some old-school trivia after some new-tech discussions, here’s today’s question:
- What is the top-selling VCR tape of all time?
Top 5 List For Winning With Your Money
Joe’s Top Five
- Pay off high interest debt
- Tech Strategy and Asset Allocation
- Earn more money
- Make a plan…in WRITING.
OG’s Top Five
- Company match
- Get the bank out of your life!
- Take care of the people are you
- Balance the future against today
- Design the life you want to live – and make it happen
Here are some links for resources we mention:
- AskTrim.com – for find and cancelling your subscriptions
- USA.gov/unclaimed-money – you MIGHT have money laying on the table. There’s a lot of it. Take a look.
- A few definitions: Modern Portfolio Theory, Efficient Frontier
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- During retirement, what’s the proper order to withdraw cash? Between 401k’s, IRAs, Roth and traditional accounts (to start), there’s quite a few choices and our caller wants to get it done right.
Written by: Richie Rutter-Reese
Miss our last show? Listen here: It Might Be Too Late Tomorrow For These Financial Tasks