Ready to kick your credit game into high gear, even if you come from a less-than-ideal credit background? We go straight to Christina Roman, who lives and breathes credit as part of her job as Consumer Education and Advocacy Manager at credit bureau Experian. She shares a ton of wisdom about the importance of maintaining a stellar credit report – and what steps to take to improve your credit score. Listen up, especially Millennial and Gen Z Stackers!
In today’s headline, we dive into the topic of “periodic retirement.” Why wait on pins and needles until you’re completely done with your career, only to experience disappointment with retirement reality? Plus, what’s guaranteeing that we’ll be able to even live long enough to enjoy the fruits of our labor in retirement years? Doc G from Earn & Invest joins Joe, and Doug and brings his unique perspective as a hospice doctor to this very personal topic. Plus, we throw out the Haven Lifeline to Jay, who has a question about replacing bonds in his IRA with CDs.
Add to that Doug’s frosty-themed trivia!
Deeper dives with curated links, topics, and discussions are in our newsletter, The 201, available at https://www.stackingbenjamins.com/201
Our TikTok Minute
Big thanks to Christina Roman for joining us today. To learn more about Christina, check out all her posts at Experian.com.
Check out Joe’s interview with Christina on our YouTube channel!
- What is the new #1 beer in America?
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- Jay wrote us and asked, “with CDs paying 5%, can I move some of the bond portion of my IRA to CDs?”
Want more than just the show notes? How about our newsletter with STACKS of related, deeper links?
- Check out The 201, our email that comes with every Monday and Wednesday episode, PLUS a list of more than 19 of the top money lessons Joe’s learned over his own life about money. From credit to cash reserves, and insurances to investing, we’ll tackle all of these. Head to StackingBenjamins.com/the201 to sign up (it’s free and we will never give away your email to others).
- The Truth About Money, by Ric Edelman
- Experian’s Credit Card Payoff Calculator
- Experian’s Personal Loan Calculator
- Experian’s Car Payment Calculator
- Experian’s Mortgage Calculator
- Get your free annual credit report from each of the three major credit bureaus
- Experian’s Free Monthly Credit Monitoring
- Christina’s piece about Experian’s Millennial and Gen Z Study
- Experian Boost
- Experian Go
- Experian’s #CreditChat on Twitter information page
Written by: Kevin Bailey
Miss our last show? Listen here: Boost Your Efficiency With These Hacks For Maximum Productivity.