What’s cooking this holiday weekend? Labor Day picnics are just around the corner and tons of people like you are planning festive weekend fun. Not sure what food to prep? Not great with the grill? We’ve got you covered. Chef Marie Saba joins us with not only LOTS of puns from her hilarious new book, but she also shares some delicious and easy recipes to make your Labor Day picnic or get-together a success. We also chat about her career, because one of Instagram’s most famous chefs didn’t start out in the kitchen. She’ll inspire you with how she pivoted careers to focus on what she loves.
We’re continuing the food theme in our headline segment. One 27 year old spends $1,000 a week eating at restaurants. Wow! We’ll share the rest of the piece on how they allocate the rest of their food budget. We’ll also throw out the Haven Life line to an anonymous caller who wants to know how to find the right financial advisor for them. Doug will also share his trivia.
- This 27-year-old spends $1,000 a week at restaurants — and just $36 on groceries (MarketWatch)
- The cost of eating out vs. at home (Obesity Action)
Big thanks to Marie Saba for joining us today. Grab a copy of her book Don’t Worry, Be Ha-Pea: 101 Deliciously Clever Food Puns.
Watch the full episode on our YouTube channel:
- What country is the National Museum of Cinema in?
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- Write Haven Life Line question here
Want more than just the show notes? How about our new newsletter with STACKS of related, deeper links?
- Check out The 201, our email that comes with every Monday and Wednesday episode, PLUS a list of more than 19 of the top money lessons Joe’s learned over his own life about money. From credit to cash reserves, and insurances to investing, we’ll tackle all of these. Head to StackingBenjamins.com/the201 to sign up (it’s free and we will never give away your email to others).
Written by: Brooke Miller
Miss our last show? Listen here: From Nothing to Greatness: Lessons from a Top Entrepreneur