We dive deep today into the creation of a new podcast series from FastCompany about women and work FastCompany scoured the nation to find mother/daughter pairs to tell their own stories of the world of work. How they created the series is a testament to the power of working toward excellence, but the topic itself is also beyond compelling. 43% of women leave the workforce after having children, which is disturbingly often not always their preferred choice. Today we talk with Kate Davis, FastCompany Deputy Editor about the American Dream and women and what we all can do to improve our ability to earn more and to help others earn. While it’s true that you can’t change history, women often face challenges today in the workplace that should have been resolved years ago, so we discuss what we can do now. We’ll also share clips from several of those women, and Kate offers additional research and solutions based on her work.
Is Congress bringing some changes to retirement plans? It looks likely, though currently the government is sitting on the Secure Act 2.0 bill with a deadline just a few weeks away. We’ll talk about the changes proposed in the bill and how to get your retirement savings on track whether or not this legislation passes. We’ll also answer Timmy’s question about brokered CDs and Doug will share his trivia.
Deeper dives with curated links, topics, and discussions are in our newsletter, The 201, available at https://www.StackingBenjamins.com/201
- For retirement-system changes proposed in Congress via ‘Secure 2.0,’ December is do-or-die time (MSN)
Our TikTok Minute
Watch the full episode on our YouTube page:
- What does the acronym EGOT stand for?
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- Timmy wants to know the pros and cons to brokered CDs and if they are a good option for short-term investing.
Want more than just the show notes? How about our new newsletter with STACKS of related, deeper links?
- Check out The 201, our email that comes with every Monday and Wednesday episode, PLUS a list of more than 19 of the top money lessons Joe’s learned over his own life about money. From credit to cash reserves, and insurances to investing, we’ll tackle all of these. Head to StackingBenjamins.com/the201 to sign up (it’s free and we will never give away your email to others).
OG’s Biscoff Cookie Recipe
- Looking for the Biscoff cookie recipe that OG mentioned? Check it out here.
Written by: Brooke Miller
Miss our last show? Listen here: How Much Should I Tip?