Joe and OG are just two guys in a basement having a conversation about personal finance. But many people have questions and other viewpoints and experiences with their own finances. Today, Joe and OG are answering YOUR questions. We get questions in the basement and the guys tackle several listener questions we’ve received lately. They explain deflation in more detail, dive into dollar cost averaging, talk about shifting your investment allocation, and talk about the importance of keeping your accounts safe online.
In our headline segment, we talk to Ken Tumin from MagnifyMoney about their recent saving index survey. Are Americans saving more or less now than they did a year ago? What age group is saving the most? Ken will share the results. We’ll also throw out the Haven Life line to Dan who has a question about his employee stock purchase plan (ESPP). And of course, Doug will share his trivia.
- July Savings Index: Americans Pull Money From Savings at Highest Rate in 2022 (MagnifyMoney)
- Big thanks to Ken Tumin from MagnifyMoney for joining us to share the results of their survey. Learn more at MagnifyMoney.com.
Our TikTok Minute
Joe and OG
Joe and OG answer YOUR listener questions in this special episode. They talk about deflation, shifting your portfolio allocation, dollar cost averaging, and the importance of keeping your online accounts secure.
- How much does the Scottish Tourism industry makes on the Loch Ness myth annually? Is it about $5 million, $15 million, or $50 million?
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- Dan has an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) and has been contributing to it regularly. He wants to know if he should sell his long term shares and put that money back into the ESPP to get the discount on his company stock.
Want more than just the show notes? How about our new newsletter with STACKS of related, deeper links?
- Check out The 201, our email that comes with every Monday and Wednesday episode, PLUS a list of more than 19 of the top money lessons Joe’s learned over his own life about money. From credit to cash reserves, and insurances to investing, we’ll tackle all of these. Head to StackingBenjamins.com/the201 to sign up (it’s free and we will never give away your email to others).
Written by: Brooke Miller
Miss our last show? Listen here: Need Moolah? Here’s How to Side Hustle