A free frisbee changed Jason Vitug’s life, sending him on a path of horrible decisions that later led him to some epic discoveries about himself and his ability to achieve. How? He’s the author of the new book, You Only Live Once, a Road Map To Financial Wellness, and we’ll talk with him about the frisbee, his bad-to-awesome decisions, and his belief that anyone can turn their life around by deciding it’s time to do better.
It’s a powerful interview.
Also! OG’s baby has arrived (congrats OG family!) so Doug Goldstein from the popular Rich as a King podcast (and author of the Rich as a King book) sits in the co-host chair today. We tackle headlines about government statistics and about health care. Should you plan on much higher costs for health care during retirement? We tackle a question on the Quotacy hotline about reverse mortgages and a letter from the mailbag about finding a financial advisor. How do you look for one?
From student loans to personal loans and mortgages, lower your interest rate with a strategy involving SoFi. You need a good credit score to qualify.
Compare checking, savings, credit cards, and loans before switching. Magnify Money makes it super easy to compare, switch and save.
Our Guest Co-Host: Doug Goldstein
Read Doug’s book: Rich as a King
Listen to Doug’s podcast: Rich as a King podcast
- A Different Take on Replacement Rates (Napa-Net)
- Retiree Medical Expenses Could Outpace Social Security Benefits in 20 Years (Investment News)
<14:41>Jason Vitug: You Only Live Once
Read Jason’s new book:
Follow Jason’s trip across the USA:
Follow Jason on Twitter: @JasonVitug
- How many diapers will the average baby go through before potty training ends?
- Why spend hours with a cheesy salesman when in minutes you can find out how much insurance you need AND get quotes from 17 of the largest companies? Check out Quotacy.com for life and disability insurance.
- Ethan: What do you think of reverse mortgages?
Jason – What’s the best way to find a financial advisor?
<>Join us Friday
We’re joined by CFP Mary Beth Storjohann from Work Your Wealth!