This year, diversification may have COST you money, as it has many college endowment funds. We’ll dive into that topic and three more in our first-ever show that’s mostly headlines ripped from the popular financial press! We’ll tackle headlines from NPR, CNBC, Marketwatch, and more, including our lead-off story that asks, could your retirement fun be ruining our economy? Also, nine American families living abroad have reported that their life savings, stowed away in a bank, had vanished. Will the bank reimburse their money? Finally, we’ll talk about pensions. GE has frozen pensions for over 20,000 employees, and many more are eligible now to take their funds as a lump sum. How does that work? We’ll detail all of the factors you need to consider, on today’s show.
After a little dose of Doug’s trivia, we’ll throw out the Haven Life Line to Jan calling all the way from Germany, who says first, that we are awesome, and second, about diversification between accounts. Should he also invest in multiple currencies?
Thanks to HoneyBook for supporting Stacking Benjamins. If you run your own business, you’re used to doing it all. But if you’re struggling to get through your to-do list, HoneyBook can help. Go to HoneyBook.com/SB for 50% off your first year.
Masterworks is the first art investment platform that allows you to invest in the world’s most valuable paintings. Masterworks is giving Stacking Benjamins listeners the opportunity to bypass the 17,000 person waitlist! Visit masterworks.io and let them know Stacking Benjamins sent you to skip the waitlist!
- Is Your Retirement Fund Ruining Our Economy? (NPR)
- American retirees in Mexico say their life savings vanished from a Mexican bank (NBC)
- Harvard Gains 6.5% in Muted Year for University Endowments (Wall Street Journal)
- Factors to consider before taking a pension buyout (Investment News)
<35:02> Doug’s Trivia
- What was the name of a woman who was an Irish-born pirate captain sailing the Carribean in the early 1700s, who was one of the most famous female pirates of all time?
<46:40> Haven Life Line
- Yan wants to know about diversifications in his accounts and if he should keep them all in one type of currencies or invest in multiple types.
- Want to learn more on these choices? Joe mentioned our Fintech discussion with Eric Satz, CEO of IRA company Alto. You can listen into that interview here.
Want the guys to answer your question? You can call into the Haven Life Line and get your question answered on-air HERE.
Join us Friday!
When we are joined by Jen Hemphill and take an English course!