Jill Schlesinger gave us her top money lessons at the end of 2018, and we still think they’re pretty great lessons to keep in mind a year later.
We’ll start the episode with a special open, and then dive into our show with Jill.
You can read the original show notes below:
2018 was quite a year….maybe the opposite of March (in like a Lion/out like a lamb)….and began fairly gently and definitely is finishing with a roar. What should we have learned, if we turn the events of this year into timeless lessons? What could we have learned from this year’s volatility? What about the Federal Reserve raising interest rates? What about the strong employment numbers? What does that tell us (among other things) about our wallet? We’re excited to finish the year off strong with our special guest, CBS business analyst Jill Schlesinger (also the host of Jill on Money). We’ll have a discussion with Jill on her top 5 lessons learned from the past year.
Plus, in our headlines segment, we’ll talk to Haven Life CEO, Yaron Ben-Zvi, about the future of health data and life insurance. With more and more companies offering discounts for a little bit of your data, Yaron will share his thoughts on the tradeoffs between privacy and saving some extra cash. Will this ever come to life insurance? Plus, we’ll tackle a story about bonds and surging bankruptcies in China. It’s a good bonds 101 lesson for most of us…
Later on we’ll throw out the Haven Life Line to Brody, who calls in looking for advice on the next five years of paying down debt and building up his savings.
And don’t worry… we’ll still take some time for Doug’s trivia.
Looking for something deeper than what we give you on the show? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter: The Stacker.
Want that latest news from the basement? Looking for something deeper than what we talk about on the show? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter: Stacker
- China Sees Bankruptcies Surge (Yahoo News)
- Would You Give An Insurance Company Access To Your Fitness Data? (Haven Life)
- Looking for the Apple Watch article? Click here. (TechCrunch)
<> Jill Schlesinger
Check out Jill’s site: JillOnMoney.com
Follow Jill on Twitter: @jillonmoney
<> Doug’s Trivia
- When someone practices “sabrage” at a party, what exactly are they doing?
Haven Life Line
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- Russel has been contributing to his whole life policy for a while. Should he keep investing in it, or cut his losses?
- Brody has some student loan debt, along with a car note. He has some cash spread around in different accounts. With real estate not being an option in his area, how should Brody be planning for the next five years of saving up and paying down his debt?
Need help with your financial plan? Use this link to schedule a meeting with OG: StackingBenjamins.com/OG
Leave a Reply