There have been plenty of retirement headlines shared online lately. While many of these articles share some great grounding advice, we’ve also seen a fair share of “scare” headlines as well. With that in mind we hand-picked today’s rewind episode to dispel retirement fears you may have picked up the last couple of months. You can read our original show notes below:
Retirement planning is all about starting early and planning well, which is why we’re excited author Emily Guy Birken (Choose Your Retirement) joins us in the basement to share her top 5 retirement myths.
That’s not all we do on this show, though. OG & Joe share headlines about “smart beta” and the ROI of a college education. We take your letters about life insurance and improving your credit score….and much more.
A big thanks to Scotts for supporting Stacking Benjamins! Summer is officially here. That means it’s time to take care of the wear and tear on your lawn so you can enjoy the season. Scotts has you covered. Check out more at Scotts.com.
A big thanks to Raycon for supporting the podcast! Raycon earbuds start at about half the price of other premium wireless earbuds on the market, are noise-isolating, and will give you 6 hours of playtime on a single charge. Here’s the bonus: Stacking Benjamins listeners can get 15% off their order by using our link: BuyRaycon.com/sb.
- Advisers pouring more money into smart beta funds
- If you’re under 30, you’re probably thinking about investing all wrong
Emily Guy Birken
You can find more from Emily at her website: EmilyGuyBirken.com/
Want to take charge of you finances? You can order Emily’s new book AND support the podcast by using our link to order below:
- Today’s trivia question: how many states in the US have no state income tax?
- In regards to one of our Stacking Benjamins short-stacks, Ericka writes in to let us know that Ericka and her husband have recently successfully recasted their home mortgage.
- Lee says his girlfriend and him have been having trouble because of her low credit. What are ways they can boost her credit?
- Will writes in asking about the difference between term and whole life insurance. Wouldn’t a term life policy be better than whole life 99% of the time?
Join Us Friday!
We’ll finish out our rewind week with a roundtable on stock-market exit strategies. If you messed our show the first time around featuring Len Penzo and Paula Pant duking it out, you’re in for a treat on this one.