Written by: Richie Rutter-Reese
Is your job going bye-bye? Today’s guest says, “Probably.” But how do you succeed in an economy that seems structured against you? On today’s show, we’re excited to have a deep conversation with the co-founder of NPR’s Planet Money and the creator of the new Passion Economy podcast, Adam Davidson. We’ll touch on what the future of technology means for you, for the economy, and how our current economic situation is “more of the same” or “different” than the country’s last two big downturns… and how you can STILL do what you love in an economy that’s constantly changing.
Plus, why in the world are people investing in bankruptcies? Is the Hertz stock fiasco ringing a bell? During our headlines we’ll explain how the concept behind “knowing just enough to hurt yourself” caused amateur investors to lose their Benjamins.
Later we’ll throw out the Haven Life Line to Dave, who has been laid off this year. Dave and his spouse were previously unable to contribute to a Roth, but they’re now eligible. Dave is thinking they should convert their traditional IRA over to a Roth and he wants to know our thoughts.
A big thanks to Raycon for supporting the podcast! Raycon earbuds start at about half the price of other premium wireless earbuds on the market, are noise-isolating, and will give you 6 hours of playtime on a single charge. Here’s the bonus: Stacking Benjamins listeners can get 15% off their order by using our link: BuyRaycon.com/sb.
- How crisis is accelerating change in wealth management (Financial Planning)
- How Hertz Fooled Amateur Investors (Forbes)
Adam Davidson: The Passion Economy
A big thanks to Adam for chatting with us today! You can hear more from Adam on his new podcast, The Passion Economy, by clicking HERE.
Interested in hearing more on The Passion Economy? You can order Adam’s book here AND help the show:
Topics we discuss:
- Will technology cause widespread job loss?
- What caused Adam to get interested in finance?
- How Adam’s experiences in Iraq gave him a new perspective on how economies work.
- How does the current economy relate to previous economic downturns?
- We all know that Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin first touched down on the moon in 1969, but when was the last NASA lunar landing?
- Dave is considering converting his traditonal IRA into a Roth. He was previously unable to contribute, but Dave was laid off in January. Thoughts?
Want the guys to answer your question? You can call into the Haven Life Line and get your question answered on-air HERE.