Are your investment aligned with your values? Did you know that you can screen for (or against) certain industries or sectors within funds? The terms ESG (environmental, social, governance), SRI (socially responsible investing), and impact investing encompass this thought process. Larry Swedroe joins us to explain this type of investing, its growing popularity, and how you can invest in a way that aligns with your values too. He also dives into why the performance for this type of fund differs from other indexes.
During our headline segment, we take a look at the impact of increasing gas prices. Your wallet might feel a little slim after filling up at the pump and delivery drivers are feeling the heat too. We talk about what this might mean going forward and how you can save money at the pump. We’ll also throw out the Haven Life line to Amanda who has a question about Roth IRA contributions. We’ll also leave time for Doug’s most amazing trivia.
- Gas Price Surge Fuels Fights at FedEx, Uber Over Who Will Pay (The Wall Street Journal)
- How to Save Money on Gas (Money.com)
Our TikTok Minute
Big thanks to Larry Swedroe for joining us. Get a copy of his book Your Essential Guide to Sustainable Investing: How to live your values and achieve your financial goals with ESG, SRI, and Impact Investing.
- What is the penalty for not filing your taxes on time?
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- Amanda and her husband will most likely be above the Roth IRA income limits but she’s already contributed to her Roth IRA for 2022. She wants to know what to do about those contributions.
Want more than just the show notes? How about our new newsletter with STACKS of related, deeper links?
- Check out The 201, our email that comes with every Monday and Wednesday episode, PLUS a list of more than 19 of the top money lessons Joe’s learned over his own life about money. From credit to cash reserves, and insurances to investing, we’ll tackle all of these. Head to StackingBenjamins.com/the201 to sign up (it’s free and we will never give away your email to others).
Written by: Brooke Miller
Miss our last show? Listen here: What If I Don’t Know My “Why?
Leave a Reply