Tomorrow is National Blame Someone Else day. Here’s my contribution since we don’t post on Friday.
I just absolutely stink with money. It’s horrible how I can’t seem to get ahead.
Here are 25 of the world’s best reasons I can think of that I stink with money.
- Nobody ever told me how to balance my checkbook
- 401k? Too risky.
- I’m not sure how a mutual fund works.
- If I bought properties, then I’d just have to fix them up.
- I’m too busy to call my credit card company and ask for a lower interest rate.
- I’m too busy to pay my bills on time.
- I can’t figure out how to access my online banking features.
- I love fast food and giving people presents.
- Retirement? Hell, I’ll never retire.
- My kids can pay for their own college.
- Charity begins at home, baby.
- Momma need new shoes.
- I’ve gotta have a hundred dollars in my wallet just in case.
- There’s lots of reasons why I need to spend a hundred bucks.
- Raise? They’ll just fire me if I ask.
- I don’t have time to read financial books.
- It all seems pretty boring.
- I don’t borrow any money anymore because my credit’s too bad.
- Insurance? Hell, I’m a safe skier.
- My buddy bought a stock and lost it all. I’m not gonna make that mistake.
- As soon as I get my bonus I’ll start saving.
- Have you seen my new boat?
- I can’t afford to buy those magazines about money.
- Financial podcast? What the hell’s that?
- Saving? Social security’s enough for me.
But of course, those are all reasons I blame myself. The best one of all:
- My parents never taught me.
Who are you gonna blame for your money problems tomorrow?
Photo: M. Dolly