How much debt have you wiped out? I’ll bet today’s guest wiped out more, and she’s going to share how she got into so much debt, and then the strategies and tactics she used to wipe it out and become a fantastic money coach. Of course, this is the Stacking Benjamins show, so there’s much more. In our headline segment we’ll talk about weird investments in IRAs. Should you look outside the traditional investment ideas for opportunities? We’ll weigh in. We’ll also share some news about a couple of amazingly stupid criminals. Making money is hard. The way these morons messed up stealing money might even be harder to believe.
On the Haven Life line, Mark wonders about an all stock portfolio vs. using some bonds. We’ll discuss the philosophy of a 100% equity game. We’ll also answer a letter from Patrick who asks us about the relationship between owning a home and your retirement plan. Should you count home equity into the equation? You’ll find out.
Of course we have Doug’s trivia, some bad jokes, and lots more….
Huge thanks to MagnifyMoney.com for helping us with today’s show!
Compare checking, savings, credit cards, and loans before switching. Magnify Money makes it super easy to compare, switch and save.
- The appeal and pitfalls of holding unconventional assets in retirement accounts (InvestmentNews)
- Dumbest bank robbers ever set entire stash of bills on fire (MarketWatch)
<10:35> Lynnette Khalfani-Cox
Follow Lynnette on Twitter: @themoneycoach
Check out the site: Ask The Money Coach
- In what year did the Ringling Bros. Circus start?
<34:48> Haven Life Line
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- Mark directs this question to OG: Why does OG support an all-stock portfolio as opposed to bonds, and why shouldn’t one change their an asset allocation over time?
- Patrick wants to know how home ownership factors into retirement, and gives us a Canadian bird lesson he has our attention.
Need help with your financial plan? Use this link to schedule a meeting with OG: StackingBenjamins.com/OG
<> Join us Friday
Listen in to our roundtable. We’re having a listener come on to contribute. Maybe you could be next?