You inherit some money. Now how do you invest it conservatively so it doesn’t disappear? You want to be responsible and you don’t want to make a mistake. Plus, there are so many options available when you’re investing…how do you determine what’s right? We’ll address not only that, but we’ll also field a question about Motif investing, how to deal with an unresponsive advisor, and more. Our listener letters are always some of our most entertaining and wide-ranging episodes, and you don’t disappoint today.
Of course, we also have headlines ripped from the biggest news sources in financial planning, throw out the Haven Life Line, feature some hair-raising trivia from Doug, and more.
Browse Roofstock’s online marketplace of top retail rental properties around the nation. Invest in rental real estate around the nation with a partner who’ll help you find great renters and evaluate and hire property managers. Manage everything yourself or hand it all off to a professional team with a deep knowledge of real estate investing and operations.
Compare checking, savings, credit cards, and loans before switching. Magnify Money makes it super easy to compare, switch and save.
- Odd letter highlights fiduciary concerns in Puerto Rico (InvestmentNews)
- SEC hacked for possible ‘illicit’ trading gains (Financial Times)
- How many companies are IN the Dow Jones Industrial Average index?
<40:24> Haven Life Line
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- Ryan would like to know how him and his wife can put their stocks into their Roth IRA, can it be done?
<15:10> Letters From the Mailbag
Need help with your financial plan? Use this link to schedule a meeting with OG: StackingBenjamins.com/OG
- Vincent recently received a sizable inheritance. With his debt being managed, what’s the best way to responsibly invest the money?
- Eric wants to know more about motif. What’s it all about?
- Inspired by Len Penzo‘s sandwich, Dan wanted to pass along a sandwich he loved from a small California chain: a Roast Beef and egg salad combo. While we believe Dan, we’re going to let Doug try this one first.
- Colin and his wife have an advisor who he feels isn’t really valuing them as a client. They are geographically distant, but get a call every few months. Is Colin expecting too much?
- Dr. H will be completing residency next year. With a (excuse my basement talk) buttload of medical school debt to his name, what’s the best way to go about paying it all off?
- Aldo’s girlfriend won’t get around to starting her 401k. Are there any basement-approved methods that could help Aldo?
- Drew’s employer offers discounts on their stocks. What do we think about employee stock purchase plans in general?
- Kevin wants to know why shouldn’t people just buy CDs since bonds do so poorly. What does OG have to say about bonds this time?
- James inherited $75,000. He wants to invest the money as a scholarship fund for the future generations in his family. What’s the best way to invest this money?
Looking for 401k management service Joe was talking about on the show? Click here.
<> Join us Friday
If you’ve even around the basement for any amount of tie, you know that we host some pretty awesome parties on Fridays. And who’s coming around this weekend? None other than the original roundtable gang: Paula Pant, Len Penzo… and of course, Greg McFarlane. Tune in!