What do the happiest retirees share in common? What are some of the steps you can take to get ready for retirement before you actually reach your number? On today’s special roundtable discussion, we welcome Wes Moss from the Retire Sooner podcast. He joins Crystal Hammond from our sister real estate investing show, Stacking Deeds, and Len Penzo from the award-winning blog LenPenzo.com.
Stick around for Doug’s DIY-themed trivia! Don’t worry, no effort is required on your part.
Deeper dives with curated links, topics, and discussions are in our newsletter, The 201, available at https://www.StackingBenjamins.com/201
Watch On Our YouTube Channel:
Our Topic: There are a few things you need to know before you retire
5 Things You Need To Know Before You Retire (The Retirement Manifesto)
During our conversation, you’ll hear us mention:
- Freedom is great, but it comes with an obligation
- Your transition to retirement will be harder than you think
- Money won’t matter as much after you retire
- You’ll miss certain attributes from your working years
- You’ll have an important job in retirement
A big thanks to our contributors! You can check out more links for our guests below.
Another thanks to Wes Moss for joining our contributors this week! Hear more from Wes on his show, Retire Sooner Podcast at Retire Sooner with Wes Moss on Apple Podcasts.
Check out his hot book What the Happiest Retirees Know: 10 Habits for a Healthy, Secure, and Joyful Life.
Another thanks to Crystal Hammond for joining our contributors this week! Hear more from Crystal on her podcast, Stacking Deeds at StackingDeeds.net.
Visit Len Penzo dot Com for the off-beat personal finance blog for responsible people.
Follow Len on Twitter: @LenPenzo
Doug’s Game Show Trivia
- One of the home kits Sears sold, the Argyle, was 1,008 square feet, with two bedrooms, a fireplace, one bathroom, and a porch. It first hit the market in 1915. What was the starting price of that package?
Thanks to DepositAccounts.com for sponsoring Stacking Benjamins. DepositsAccounts.com is the #1 place to go when you’re looking to see if your rate is the BEST rate on savings, CDs, money markets, and even checking accounts! Check out ALL of the rates ranked from best to worst (and see the national averages) at DepositAccounts.com.
Mentioned in today’s show
- The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
- Art Is the Highest Form of Hope & Other Quotes by Artists
- Sears Argyle kit house
Join Us on Monday!
Tune in to Monday’s show where you’ll learn whether you’ve got what it takes to be a market wizard with best-selling author Jack Schwager.
Miss our last show? Check it out here: Building Wealth and Purchasing a Home on a Dime with Kimberly Hamilton (SB1471).
Written by: Kevin Bailey