Are we focused on the wrong priorities when it comes to elder care? While physical care is important, should our healthcare focus change to put more consideration on the emotional needs of our elders? Today we welcome Anne Basting to learn about how her strategies have been changing the eldercare experience for both healthcare workers AND families. The results are amazing and the methods she recommends aren’t only easy to implement, but they solve many issues in elder care as it’s currently presented.
Plus, looking for a safe place to save your money? During our headlines we’ll share all the reasons why investors are mistakenly pulling their money out of American markets and placing it in the last place you’d probably imagine. In our second piece we’ll dive into an article covering how Richard Branson moved past some of his failed businesses.
During the Haven Life line we’ll take a question from Adam, who is investing for his kid’s college fund. The cash is currently in a target date fund, and Adam is looking for some advice on how he can pull the money out when it’s time. OG gives some great advice here on how you can transition from an all-stock plan to a safe cash-fund all by the time the kids graduate high school.
As always, we’ll save some time for Doug’s trivia.
A big thanks to Netgear for sponsoring the show today! You can find more about upgrading your wifi at their site: Netgear.com/bestwifi
What’s the reason behind investors flocking to Chinese bonds?
Why failing at a business can be okay
A big thanks to Anne Basting! If you want to read more of Anne’s approach to health and elder care, you can order her book here: Creative Care: A Revolutionary Approach to Dementia and Elder Care
Here are some key points Anne covered during the interview:
- Healthcare is more holistic than just taking care of physical needs.
- A new system needs to be made that addresses the mental and emotional well-being of the elderly.
- The “empty vessel” model is outdated, and can be replaced. Eldercare does not need to be a one-way street in which the caregiver is drained of their energy.
- By focusing on the strengths and creativity of a care patient, the relationship can be changed so both caregiver AND patient can be rewarded.
To learn how to bring meaning and purpose into the lives of elders
through creative engagement, visit TimeSlips.org
- What is the average annual cost of private nursing home care per year?
Haven Life Line
- Adam is investing in a 529 plan for his kid. When it’s finally time for them to go off to college, how can Adam get the money out?
Want the guys to answer your question? You can call into the Haven Life Line and get your question answered on-air HERE.
Join Us Friday!
Is jumping on the FIRE train a waste of time? On Friday our panel will give their hot take on if the Financial Independence, Retire Early movement actually holds water.
Written by: Richie Rutter-Reese
Leave a Reply