Why is it that nice guys always seem to finish last? There’s something that doesn’t seem fair about the jerks in the world winning in business and life. Does a middle ground exist, and is that the secret spot for success? David Bodanis argues there is a middle ground and combining that with listening, respect and trust is the secret recipe to success. He joins us today to tell some incredible stories of how these principles have played out in people’s lives.
Football is back! The American kind, anyway, and we dive into how one NFL team is partnering with a financial literacy firm to help educate Americans on money habits and skills to help grow their wealth. We’ll also throw out the Haven Life line to Leah who wants to know when’s the right time to buy a house. And to tie it all together, Doug will share some of his trivia.
We couldn’t bring you three shows a week without our sponsors!
A big thanks to Discover for supporting Stacking Benjamins! Discover matches all the cash back you earn on your credit card at the end of your first year automatically with no limit on how much you can earn. Learn more at Discover.com/yes.
Whether you rent or own, Geico makes it EASY to bundle home and car insurance. Go to Geico.com today.
Navy Federal Credit Union
If you’re an active duty service member, veteran, D-O-D civilian, or military family member, you can join Navy Federal. That means if you’ve served in any branch of the military–you can join Navy Federal Credit Union. You could pay no fees, get low rates and rate discounts, plus earn cash back and grow your savings. Visit NavyFederal.org for more information.
For advice on solutions like XPS 13 laptops powered by Intel EVO platform, call an advisor today at 877-ASK-DELL.
- San Francisco 49ers push finlit with robo-adviser Stash (Investment News)
Our TikTok Minute
- What is the #1 company for air conditioner sales in the US?
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- Leah is ready to buy a home but wonders if she should wait for the real estate market to cool down before purchasing.
Want more than just the show notes? How about a guide with STACKS of related, deeper links?
- Check out The Stacker, our email that comes with every Monday and Wednesday episode, PLUS a list of more than 19 of the top money lessons Joe’s learned over his own life about money. From credit to cash reserves, and insurances to investing, we’ll tackle all of these. Head to StackingBenjamins.com/STACKER to sign up (it’s free and we will never give away your email to others).
- The Hype Machine by Sinan Aral
Want other related episodes? Check these out!
- How does your personality affect your money decisions? Kiné Corder joined us to weigh in: Kiné Corder on the Relationship Between Money, Happiness, and Your Personality
- Scott Gerber stopped by to talk about networking in life and business and mistakes you may be making: Why Most Networkers Stink (with Scott Gerber)
- If you want to go back to early 2021 when Gamestop and Robinhood were in the news every minute, check out this episode: The NEW GameStop All The Time Podcast!
Written by: Brooke Miller
Miss our last show? Listen here: The Pros and (Mostly) Cons of Retirement (plus Kathryn Minshew from TheMuse.com) – REWIND