Do you have a dream that hasn’t yet been achieved? Are you fascinated with the sinking of the Titanic? If so on either account, you aren’t alone. The Titanic’s demise is one of the most famous shipwreck stories that has been told over and over again by survivors, and dreaming? Well, that’s natural. We all want better. So how do these two ideas mesh? While some dreamt of riches bringing the ship back to the surface, it took decades to find the wreck. Not one or two, but many people had grand ideas of how to locate and preserve the ship. The stories of the Titanic and MANY other shipwrecks are documented in today’s guest’s new book. Daniel Stone has been fascinated by shipwrecks since he was a kid. He’s here today to share shocking facts about shipwrecks and how several people have made it their life’s work to find and preserve the Titanic.
In our headline segment, we’re talking about active vs passive investing. Is one better than the other and why the recent push toward active management? Joe and OG talk about what steps you should take with your own portfolio. We also answer Sheri’s question about taking social security benefits. And we can’t leave Doug out so he’ll share his trivia.
- Advisors More Open to Active Management (NAPA)
Our TikTok Minute
Big thanks to Daniel Stone for joining us today. Grab a copy of his book Sinkable: Obsession, the Deep Sea, and the Shipwreck of the Titanic.
- Where does gold come from originally?
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- Sheri’s husband passed away several years ago and was eligible for social security. As she nears full retirement age, she wants to know how to collect social security under her or her husband’s benefit.
Want more than just the show notes? How about our new newsletter with STACKS of related, deeper links?
- Check out The 201, our email that comes with every Monday and Wednesday episode, PLUS a list of more than 19 of the top money lessons Joe’s learned over his own life about money. From credit to cash reserves, and insurances to investing, we’ll tackle all of these. Head to StackingBenjamins.com/the201 to sign up (it’s free and we will never give away your email to others).
- Get What’s Yours: The Secrets to Maxing Out Your Social Security by Philip Moeller, Paul Solman and Laurence J. Kotlikoff
Written by: Brooke Miller
Miss our last show? Listen here: Refocus, Email Zero, and Back on Track