We spend more and buy stuff to make us happy, but does it? Does more really equal better? On today’s show we dive into a recent blog post from the Four Pillar Freedom blog to look at the nature of happiness. Money is always intertwined in our view of “happy,” probably because advertisers love making us think that if we just buy one more thing we’ll finally get that elusive joy that we’ve been craving. We’ll talk about joy, addiction, happiness and more on today’s podcast with a team including Beau Humphreys from The Personal Finance Show, CFP Katie Brewer from Your Richest Life planning, and our own OG.
Halfway through the showwe have a special treat where we usually feature our Friday Fintech spotlight. Today instead we’ll shine a light on mortgages, because with his recent move to Detroit, Joe just found out that industry insider Joel Gurman from Quicken Loans is his neighbor! Joe invites Joel down to the basement today and quizzes him about the state of mortgages, how interest rates really work, what other fees are involved with mortgages, and more. It’s a wide-ranging, fun conversation about the biggest loan many of us will ever have.
But that’s not all. We’ll help C on the Magnify Money call-in segment. C is wondering about retirement withdrawal software. He feels that savings-wise, he is on course, but he wants to make sure that he is withdrawing in the most tax-efficient way.
Thanks to AcreTrader for supporting Stacking Benjamins. For more information on how to become a farmland investor through AcreTrader, visit acretrader.com/sb
Thanks to AcreTrader for supporting Stacking Benjamins. Learn more at AcreTrader.com/sb.
Check out AcreTrader
- How to Gain a Better Understanding of the Things That Bring You Joy (Four Pillar Freedom)
You can find more about Beau at his website
Check out his podcast – The Personal Finance Show
You can find more about Katie at Your Richest Life
Do you need some more financial help from OG outside of the show? Follow our link, StackingBenjamins.com/OG to get some one-on-one help from the man himself.
<> Quicken Loans
Interested in learning more? Find out more at Quicken Loans
<> Doug’s Trivia
- Game of Thrones is a hit show with numerous awards. However, in the first season, it wasn’t always Scrooge McDuck; it had a budget of $6 Million per episode. How much did each episode of season 8 receive for their budget?
<> Magnify Money Question
Compare checking, savings, credit cards, and loans before switching. MagnifyMoney makes it super easy to compare, switch, and save. Use StackingBenjamins.com/MagnifyMoney to see how much you could be saving.
- C is wondering about retirement withdrawal software. He feels that savings-wise, he is on course, as he has multiple different accounts. However, he wants to make sure that he is withdrawing in the most tax-efficient way.
- Beau’s recommended software for Canadian users: Snap Projections
- Katie’s recommended software: My Retirement Paycheck
- Joe’s recommended software: Can I Retire Yet?
Join Us Monday!
We talk about how to get you on track for a speedy retirement.