Ever had that time in your life when you just couldn’t get ahead? You’d come home after payday, think that you could maybe relax and spend a dollar or two, and then realize, “Oh, $%#!” Kristin Wong has been through that cycle before herself, and she also knows how to dig your way out. She’s coming down to the basement today to share her own story and tips to help you better manage your budget.
In our headlines segment, we talk about your brokerage account. Do you keep your cash reserve in the cash portion of your brokerage account? A new Wall Street Journal piece tells us that you might be losing lots of money. We’ll also discuss guaranteed income strategies. A recent study shows that people want to hear from their advisor about guaranteed income. We’ll talk about why people want advice on this issue and why most advisors don’t spend a lot of time on this area.
We’ll of course have more from the world of financial planning, throw out the Haven Life line to lucky listener Andy, who’s worried about cashing out of his retirement plans. Should he sell off some of his money all at once and leave it on the sideline or should he reverse dollar cost average out of his long term savings and into cash? We’ll also answer a letter from another listener, score some of Doug’s vampire-rich trivia, and more.
- Brokers to Investors: Your Cash Ain’t Nothin’ But Trash (WSJ)
- Study: Interest in Guaranteed Lifetime Income Solutions Gaining Momentum (NAPA)
Find Kristin’s site: TheWildWong.com
Follow Kristin on Twitter: @thewildwong
- Which city’s biggest event is a huge fiesta later this month, that has the economic impact of $340 million dollars for the area?
Haven Life Line
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- Andy is living 100% on retirement accounts. Should he reverse dollar cost average back into cash to live on, or should have several years worth of money sitting on the sideline?
Need help with your financial plan? Use this link to schedule a meeting with OG: StackingBenjamins.com/OG
- Ryan wants to know how early retirees keep the money flowing.