Think of a money mistake you made early in your adult life. It might have been getting into trouble with credit cards or not saving into — or even knowing about! — your company’s 401k plan, or maybe you didn’t know how to budget. If you could go back in time, what advice would you give yourself to avoid those sticky situations? Our guest today is passionate about helping the next generation become better with their money. From learning about taxes and investing to setting a budget, Bobbi Rebell has been through it all with her kids. She shares the money lessons she taught her kids to avoid making the same mistakes she once made. She shares how you can help others, too. Even if you don’t have kids, these tips can apply to anyone.
During our headline segment, we dive into Roth IRAs. The stock market decline to start this year has had many people wondering if they should take advantage of a Roth conversion. We discuss the tactics of this strategy and give you things to think about if you are considering it. We’ll also answer Mattie’s question about sinking funds, and to top it all off, Doug will share his trivia.
- Stock market pullback puts spotlight on Roth conversions (Investment News)
- 11 Mistakes to Avoid With Your Roth IRA (Investopedia)
Our TikTok Minute
Big thanks to Bobbi Rebell for joining us. Get a copy of her book Launching Financial Grownups: Live Your Richest Life by Helping Your (Almost) Adult Kids Become Everyday Money Smart.
- Did people age 18-29 who live back home make up a minority or a majority of the population in 2020?
Need life insurance? You could be insured in 20 minutes or less and build your family’s safety net for the future. Use StackingBenjamins.com/HavenLife to calculate how much you need and apply.
- Mattie wants advice on savings for various goals in sinking funds.
Want more than just the show notes? How about our new newsletter with STACKS of related, deeper links?
- Check out The 201, our email that comes with every Monday and Wednesday episode, PLUS a list of more than 19 of the top money lessons Joe’s learned over his own life about money. From credit to cash reserves, and insurances to investing, we’ll tackle all of these. Head to StackingBenjamins.com/the201 to sign up (it’s free and we will never give away your email to others).
Written by: Brooke Miller
Miss our last show? Listen here: What Are Your “Forever” Items?
Leave a Reply