What are some rules to live by to make your 2024 the best year ever? Our very own OG, Paula Pant from Afford Anything, Len Penzo from LenPenzo.com, and Jonathan Clements’ article served as the inspiration for today’s topic.
New year, new you, amirite? We dive into mantras whose adoption could benefit you for the long term, not just until you lose your New Year’s resolution motivation. We touch on our top three best pieces of advice.
During the second half of the show, sponsored by DepositAccounts.com, our panel runs down their next favorite picks from the list.
Be sure to stick around as our year-long trivia contest kicks off! Doug has a racy trivia question that will leave your head spinning. Which one of our three regular contributors will pull out in the lead with a W?
Deeper dives with curated links, topics, and discussions are in our newsletter, The 201, available at https://www.StackingBenjamins.com/201
Watch On Our YouTube Channel:
Our Topic: A Few Rules to Live by for 2024
24 Rules for 2024 (HumbleDollar)
During our conversation you’ll hear us mention:
- Best life practices.
- How self-doubt can be your friend.
- How to rebound after bad decisions.
- The risks of investing in individual holdings.
- The benefits of diversification.
- Sticking to your plan, regardless of external factors that you can’t control.
- Folly of looking in the rearview mirror.
- Healthy lifestyle.
- Benefits of getting enough sleep.
- Enjoying the fruits of your labor.
- Learning how to create your happiness.
- Balancing spending and saving throughout your life.
- Prioritizing spending on experiences over things.
- Take an inventory of how you spend your time.
A big thanks to our contributors! You can check out more links for our guests below.
Check Out Paula’s site and amazing podcast: AffordAnything.com
Follow Paula on Twitter: @AffordAnything
Visit Len Penzo dot Com for the off-beat personal finance blog for responsible people.
Doug’s Game Show Trivia
- How much does a Formula One car cost?
Thanks to DepositAccounts.com for sponsoring Stacking Benjamins. DepositsAccounts.com is the #1 place to go when you’re looking to see if your rate is the BEST rate on savings, CDs, money markets, and even checking accounts! Check out ALL of the rates ranked from best to worst (and see the national averages) at DepositAccounts.com.
Mentioned in today’s show
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success, by Carol Dweck.
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity, by David Allen.
- My Money Journey: How 30 people found financial freedom – and you can too, by Jonathan Clements.
- Money School: Become Financially Independent and Reclaim Your Life, by Lacey Filipich.
Join Us Monday!
Tune in on Monday when you’ll learn how to plan your money with a man who created an entirely new approach to divvying up your income, the founder of YNAB, Jesse Mecham.
Miss our last show? Check it out here: We Ask Chat GPT How To Solve Our Debt Problems (SB1462) » The Stacking Benjamins Show.
Written by: Kevin Bailey